Preformed shape for insertion into drainage outlets to improve waterproofing and protection (smooth flange).
Features and benefits:
- Tough, durable and flexible drain connector, used for downpipes and circular outlets on a roof or terrace within the main body of a concrete deck.
- Recessed allowing water flow to enter pipes immediately. Slope allows for faster flow.
- Corner fitting and flange can be sandwiched between two layers of waterproofing membrane.
- Holes throughout the face, waterproof seal.
- It is suitable with SBS and APP bituminous membranes, including built-up felt, mastic asphalt, hot melt and other liquid applied membranes and consists of a spigot which is inserted into a hole to connect to the outlet drainage pipe and a flange which is sandwiched between two layers of waterproofing membrane.
- The flange is perforated with a series of holes around the profile to allow the membrane underneath to pass through the holes and give a secure bond when the second layer of membrane is installed above it.
- The spigot is manufactured in a slight cone shape to give easy installation and to prevent it from rising out of the hole.
- There are also multiple rings on its exterior, which help to ensure that no water can travel back up.
- The drain connectors are designed to sit inside an HDPE outlet pipe with a snug fit and a range of size options are available in relation to the relevant outlet pipe size.
- This differs from the standard drain connector by including a siphon mechanism to help eliminate bad smells and odours emitting from the drainpipe up to the roof or deck.
- A small amount of water is held in a well, effectively sealing the drainpipe. As the rainwater runs off the roof and into the outlet, the water level rises over the internal lip and flows into the drain pipe.