NBS Source
List your products
Cordek Ltd

Cordek Ltd

+44 (0)1403 799600 www.cordek.com

Sort by:

Showing 1-19 of 19

Ely Southern Bypass

Ely Southern Bypass

Cordek Ltd

The Ely southern bypass is a new road connecting the A142 at Angel Drove to the Stuntney Causeway. It is hoped that the bypass will help to ease congestion in and around Ely by providing a new link to the south of the city. The 1.7km long single carriage way road includes a 300m long viaduct crossing the Great Ouse River, for which Cordek were called upon to supply a bespoke formwork solution for the construction of the complex geometrical details of the supporting piers.
Folkestone Urban Sports Park

Folkestone Urban Sports Park

Cordek Ltd

A scheme designed by the award-winning Architects Guy Hollaway, The Urban Sports Park in Folkestone includes the world’s first multi-storey skatepark. The state-of-the-art facility is set on four levels and includes a skating area, climbing wall, new boxing club and café. Cordek were requested to design and supply a bespoke formwork solution to aid the construction of the integral, reinforced concrete slab soffit for the large skating bowls on the first floor.
Royal College of Pathologists

Royal College of Pathologists

Cordek Ltd

The Royal College of Pathologists have relocated their London Headquarters to the rapidly changing area of Aldgate, on the Eastern fringes of the city. The new seven storey structure replaces an existing office block, providing a flexible and environmentally efficient building to house their growing needs. The building design includes major conference facilities, meeting rooms, offices, a multi-function auditorium, exhibition space, restaurant facilities and accommodation. Cordek were asked by the specialist concrete frame contractor Oliver Connell & Son to devise a formwork system to allow the construction of ribbed concrete floors.
St Margarets Head Railway Tunnel

St Margarets Head Railway Tunnel

Cordek Ltd

The now disused St Margaret’s Head Tunnel was a structure originally formed as part of the Dunfermline to North Queensferry railway line, providing a link to the ferry service until the opening of the Forth Bridge in 1890 and remaining in limited use for freight until 1954. The vaulted roof and brick lined tunnel is located 15 metres below the A900 trunk road and the B981, adjacent to the northern approach to the Forth Road Bridge. Cordek were asked to supply a structural fill solution, encapsulated within a protective membrane to fill the entire cavity of the tunnel.

Showing 1-19 of 19