The wall reader operates electronic locksets controlled by a Smart access control platform. Conforms to current recovery-led mental health design by providing service users with their own key and enables remote access rights programming, real-time updates and usage audit-trail. It provides a combination of radio-frequency identification (RFID) and radio frequency (RF) technologies.
Features and benefits:
- Is operated via a swipe card, wristband or key fob rather than mechanical keys, reducing risk of tampering and damage using a keyway. If a card is lost, it can be deactivated quickly to ensure safety and security.
- Provides real-time updates and audit trail, recording user movement and keeping track of card numbers.
- Handheld programmer allows for permission changes if the wireless network is unavailable, ensuring control of permissions in extreme circumstances.
- All communications are encrypted to guarantee secure data transmissions with 128 AES encryption.
- The system offers a two-way wireless communication, and a wire solution based on the RS485 and Modbus protocol.
- Enables staff to receive notifications or alerts from the reader to a server, or to third party devices for greater flexibility and control. These alerts could include when the door has been left unsecure, or if tampering is suspected.
- Asymmetric link handling network stability, even when nodes are within close proximity.
- Online reports such as alerts and maintenance information (e.g. battery status, tamper switch) are stored in the Structured Query Language (SQL) database and can be sent via email or SMS to the necessary security staff.
- Includes room management, by tailoring to the requirements of the individual in the room as detected through their key card (e.g. light and temperature adjustment will become automatic).
- Allows for flexible integration with external products such as energy savers or elevators.
- Can be linked to any other building automation system.
- Various input and output configurations can be incorporated - consult manufacturer for details.
Suitable for either indoor and outdoor placement in areas such as hotels or other large-scale properties which require high security and operational efficiency.