- Comprises double-headed studs welded to flat rails.
- It is manufactured to suit the specific requirements of each application.
- The quantity of each component, the dimensions and spacings, and the layout pattern around the column are determined by calculation.
- Ancon provides free software to determine the optimum system design.
- Studs are manufactured in five diameters (10, 12, 14, 16, 20 and 25 mm) from CARES-approved B500C reinforcing bar. The heads are hot forged to three times the diameter of the bar.
- Studs are manufactured in virtually any length to suit the depth of slab, but are normally formed in increments of 5 mm within the 130–1000 mm range.
- The bar used in this system has a characteristic yield strength of 500 N/ mm.
- The studs are welded to the rail at the centre determined by Ancon’s software or a design calculation. The rail performs no structural function but ensures stud alignment and positioning within the slab.
- Rails feature rounded ends to reduce the risk of injury during handling.
- Shearfix rails are manufactured from strips of steel, 16 mm wide. The gap between the strips allows for the passage of concrete during pouring and also enables the rail to be nailed to formwork when fixed ‘bottom up’ i.e. prior to all other reinforcement.
Ancon can provide assistance in creating a Shearfix schedule and a programme for delivery to suit progress on site. If advised at the time of ordering, pallets can be packed in priority order, e.g by pour number.