- High compressive strength without deflection or movement.
- Impervious to water and water vapour.
- Sealed cellular structure.
- Recycled content scrap glass: Minimum 60%.
- Ozone Depletion Potential (ODP): <1%.
- Global Warming Potential (GWP): Zero.
- GreenSpec rating, see 'Cellular Glass' or 'Foamed Glass'.
- Green Guide rating, see 'Cellular Glass'.
- Quality: Systems with high quality materials; management by systematic site inspections and professional consulting.
- Cost efficiency: The high durability preserves maximum value and ensures minimal maintenance costs.
- Sustainability: Optimum insulation performance and protection against moisture for future generations. Scrap can be reclaimed and re-cycled to make new Foamglas.
- Insulation performance: Insulation performance is permanent; ageing does not take place. Use above and below ground, unaffected by moisture, humidity and compressive loads. Proven to retain its thermal and vapour control characteristics for ˃ 50 years.
- No thermal bridging: Fully bonded insulation system, zero fixings prevent thermal bridging, and exposed fixings.
- Non-toxic: Foamglas cellular glass contains no toxic substance, does not contaminate water or the ground, in cases of fire, does not develop fumes or toxic gases.
- Sealed structure and non-hydroscopic: Each cell has a glass wall, giving the unique structural strength, vapour tight and non-hydroscopic properties.
- A separate vapour barrier is not required: With its purpose manufactured adhesives, Foamglas is suitable for extreme humidity environments and gives control of the vapour drive in any direction. Foamglas is an insulation and vapour barrier in one single material.
- High compressive strength: Capability to withstand high compressive loads without deflection or movement.
- Dimensional stability: Very low rates of thermal movement, mechanical fixings are not required to prevent delamination from the parent structure.
Foamglas recommended build-up:
- Primary layer: Compacted hardcore or subsoil.
- Levelling material: Chippings, stabilized sand, or liquid mortar.
- Bituminous waterproofing membrane.