A high modulus two-part silicone sealant with high strength for use as a secondary seal in insulated glass units (IGUs).
Features and benefits:
- Economical joint sizes in high strength IGU applications.
- High design strength (0.21 MPa) allowing joint size reduction up to 30%.
- Enhanced productivity with reduced joint dimensions.
- European Technical Approval (ETA13/0359).
- Suitable for gas-filled triple glazed units and gas-filled double glazed units.
- Structural capability as secondary sealant for insulating glass in structural glazing applications.
- Good adhesion to a wide range of substrates including coated and reflective glasses, aluminium and steel spacers, and a variety of plastics.
- Meets EN 1279–4 and –6 and EN 13022.
- Tested in accordance with EN 15434.
- Good resistance to ozone and ultraviolet (UV) radiation.
- High modulus which limits the stress on the primary sealant and makes it particularly suited for gas-filled insulating glass unit.
- Designed for high strength applications, where conventional sealants with lower strength would lead to increased joint sizes. It enables economical joint sizes in highly demanding insulating glass (IG) applications such as: high wind in tall buildings, hurricane loads, cold-bent glass or high impact loads such as bomb blast. Smaller joint dimensions can be filled faster and therefore lead to productivity enhancements.
- Large element sizes in high-wind environments
- High impact loads such as bomb blast.
- Suitable as a secondary sealant for triple and double glazed units and meets EN 1279 requirements for gas-filled IGUs.
- The sealant can be used in IGU applications for structurally glazed facades.