An under-tile tanking system used to protect water-sensitive substrates from exposure to water and designed for use in humid areas, such as sanitary blocks, showers and kitchens. The system comprises a ready-mixed membrane and high-performance joint-reinforcing tape for vulnerable areas, such as abutments and corners.
Not recommended for:
- Continually immersed conditions.
- Water-proofing roofs and terraces.
- Surfaces to be clean, completely dry, sound and free from dust, grease or any other contaminating barrier.
- Joints between wood panels to be fully supported to prevent movement.
- Remove all friable residues (peeling paint, old adhesive for vinyl tiles, laitance, etc.). Remove any dust.
- Prime porous surfaces (plaster or cement) with weber PR360 and allow to dry for minimum 2 hours.
- Apply a coat of webersys protect with a flat brush to corners, angles, around protruding pipes, into small stable cracks less than 2 mm wide and along the joints between wood panels.
- Place strips of BE14 Joint Reinforcing Tape along the angles and cut to size, such that all lengths fit tightly into any corners and overlap. Reinforce with tape around protruding pipes.
- Bed the tape into webersys protect and smooth down with a flat trowel.
- Apply a generous first coat of weber.sys protect with a wool roller and leave to dry 1-1½ hours.
- Apply second coat, rollering at 90º to first coat, to obtain an overall film approximately 1 mm thick.
- Allow to dry fully before over-coating. This will require at least 3–4 hours in normal conditions and longer at lower temperatures.