Promptis is an innovative concrete solution providing ultra-rapid strength development with workability retention of 90–120 minutes. It allows for fast form removal, combined with ease of handling and placement, reduced curing times and higher long term strengths. Its performance can be tailored to meet individual requirements.
- Early age strength guaranteed.
- Achieves early strengths of 6 N/mm² at six hours and 10 N/mm² at 10 hours.
- Workability retention of 90–120 minutes.
- Shrinkage similar to conventional concrete.
- Can be manufactured to meet a broad range of concrete strengths from C25/30 to C50/60.
- Consistency classes S3, S4 and S5.
- Conforms to exposure classes XC and XS.
- Similar casting to conventional concrete.
- Formwork can be stripped after six hours.
- Rapid construction programmes are easily achieved.
- Concrete is easy to compact and finish.
- The stiffening process and strength development begin as soon as material is finally placed.
- Much lower risk of thermal cracking as the cement hydration reaction occurs more slowly (dependent on proper curing).
- Concrete can be fully loaded after 24 hours as strengths of 40 N/mm² are typically achieved.
- Design strength achieved in less than seven days.
- Slip form casting times are faster.
- Reduced road and rail line closure.
- Concrete poured in winter achieves the required strength faster to avoid frost damage.
- Fast demoulding of columns, walls, beams, slabs and panels.
- New construction and renovation of roads, railway tracks, tunnels, toll plazas, bridge decks and farm buildings.
- Precast manufacture: Easy handling of beams, panels, elements and fast cycles of moulding/ demoulding rates.
- Low temperature concrete placement (>5°C).