A range of roof balcony outlets which consist of the traditional large sump outlet and a shallow sump option which incorporates a wide selection of gratings in stainless steel and nickel bronze for use with epoxy resin finishes and tiled areas.
Large Balcony Outlet:
- Suitable for use where larger balcony water catchment areas dictate the discharge requirements.
- Balcony outlets are suitable for direct connection to: Cast iron pipework to BS 416 or EN 877, polyvinyl chloride (PVC) 'O'-ring socketed pipe to BS 4514 (3BO and 4BO outlets only).
- Flat grates can be supplied with hole punched out to receive 50, 75 or 100 mm nominal bore rainwater downpipes.
- Pre-punched variants are available, consult manufacturer for details.
- Can be used with an extension piece. Consult literature for details.
Mini Balcony Outlet:
- Provides an unobtrusive solution for use on balcony applications. The shallow 50 mm sump is designed to avoid interference with steel reinforcement and is easily installed in new and refurbishment applications.
- Other round, square and rectangular outlet connections for use with Alumasc Rainwater Systems are available on request.
The grating fits level with the clamping ring regardless of the thickness of waterproofing membrane. Rainwater pipes from upper level balconies can either freely discharge over the grating or the cut-outs in the grating can be removed on site to allow the rainwater pipe to discharge within the sump area.
- Threaded Spigot Adaptors:
- Designed to facilitate the connection of IKO Roof AV and Detail Threaded Aluminium Rainwater Outlets to all types of pipe systems, and presents an economic alternative to using a short length of steel gas tube to BS EN 10255 in the case of cast iron socketed or socketless systems.
- Manufactured from acrylonitrile butadiene styrene (ABS) plastic and supplied in 400 mm lengths with a taper thread externally at one end to BS EN 10226-1 and chamfered at the other end to BS 4514 and BS EN 1329-1 spigot dimensions. Sizes are available to suit 50, 75, 100 and 150 mm nominal bore pipework.
- The adaptor is screwed into the base of the outlet using a polytetrafluoroethylene (PTFE) tape or silicone sealant to obtain a gas-tight seal. The spigot end of the adaptor can then be connected to the pipe socket. If necessary, the length of the spigot end of the adaptor can be reduced by cutting as required with a fine toothed saw.
- The outlets are designed for use with concrete balcony structures and are fitted with flat grates for safe drainage in pedestrian accessed areas.
- Suitable for use with all types of waterproofing membranes including mastic asphalt, elastomeric felts, liquid plastics and most single ply systems.