HBUS modules which support star wiring of high speed HBUS devices (including T-Series Readers and the F22 Fence Controller) to a secure Gallagher cabinet. Input/ output (I/ O) connectivity is also provided for door and equipment monitoring.
Features and benefits:
- Runs at speeds of up to 1 mb/s, meaning a faster response time is achieved (faster than most other RS-485 based communications protocols).
- Allows HBUS devices to be star-wired back to a secure controller cabinet – this can reduce the risk of a faulty connection taking down all devices.
- Each port can support multiple HBUS devices.
- The modules have on-board inputs and outputs that can be used for door monitoring and control, or for general I/ O functions.
- Monitors and reports the state of balanced inputs, and enforces decisions to switch output relays if required.
- Four input states are monitored, including: open, closed, short circuit (tamper), open circuit (tamper). These can be used to monitor access controlled doors, intruder detection, monitored doors, equipment alarms, and any other device providing a clean switch contact.
- On-board relays can be used for access controlled doors, alarm outputs, control outputs and time activated outputs (e.g. to control air conditioning or lighting).
- All communications between the Gallagher Controller and the connected HBUS device are secured using authentication and encryption techniques, which protects against a range of potential attack methods.
- Designed to run on all existing Controller 6000s, allowing an easy retrofit of previous expansion modules.
- Manufactured in accordance with ISO 9001 Quality Systems.
- Federal Communications Commission (FCC).
- Restriction of Hazardous Substances (RoHS).
For use in conjunction with HBUS devices.