Delcote is a gutter coatings system with a 10-year guarantee.
Engineered using inorganic (mineral based) Alkoxy technology to prevent chalking and deterioration, with outstanding resistance to weathering from ultraviolet (UV) light, rain, snow and temperature extremes to retain high movement accommodation, flexibility and adhesion without cracking or peeling.
Installed by Sharmans network of approved contractors, all project works are inspected and certified to exacting quality standards - consult manufacturer for details.
The system includes:
- Seamsil sealant: Gun-applied around the base of the fixing and into the gutter joint, forming a complete bridged seal. To be tooled off to a neat edge. Where there are slight perforations (up to 15 mm in diameter) in the gutter joint, Seamsil sealant can be used to bridge the gap.
- Seamsil base coat: Whilst the Seamsil sealant is still wet, apply Seamsil base coat by brush at a minimum film thickness of 220 microns and allow to cure. The area to be treated should be at least 25 mm from the either side of the gutter joint and a further 10 mm beyond the prepared area, ensuring complete coverage of all exposed steel work and gutter joint bolts/ fixings.
- Delcote GS base and top coats: Utilising roller or brush, apply a first coat of Delcote GS to prepared, clean and dry, structurally sound surfaces at a wet film thickness of 400 microns and allow to fully cure. Once the base coat is tack free (an overnight cure is recommended), apply a second coat at a wet film thickness of 400 microns and allow to fully cure.
Features and benefits:
- Delcote GS is a 100% silicone based remedial treatment and is therefore ideal for use in areas of industrial pollution and/or coastal and marine environments.
- One component requiring no mixing and can be applied by roller or brush.
- Primerless adhesion to most common substrates.
- Fast cure rate, 15–30-minute skin over time followed by 1–2 hour tack free time.
- Long service life with excellent resistance to UV attack.
- Does not degrade by chalking.
- Any subsequent soiling of the product can be easily removed by a simple detergent wash.
- No additional structural weight is applied.
- No disruption for building users.
For coating gutters.
- Coating or re-coating a wide range of horizontal and vertical external surfaces including concrete, polyurethane foam, wood, copper, aluminium, Poly Vinyl Chloride (PVC) Plastisol and Pvf2 coated steel and many other painted surfaces.
- Used in conjunction with the Seamsil system.
- Utilizing roller or brush apply Delcote® GS to prepared, clean and dry, structurally sound surfaces in two coats. In between coats the product should be allowed to become tack free. A dry film thickness of at least 480 microns must be achieved.