A ready-to-use, cement-based concrete mix. Contains inert limestone aggregates and dust suppressants. The formulation has been designed for dry process spray application to give high early strength, reduce rebound and maximise application thickness. It has low resistivity which makes it suitable for application to structures which receive cathodic protection.
- Repairs to large areas of structural concrete.
- Repairs of highway structures: Bridge columns, piers, deck soffits, beams, abutments, parapets, retaining walls, tunnels and viaducts.
- Repairs of marine structures: Jetties, piers, quays, seawalls, concrete offshore platforms, docks and dry docks.
- Conductive overlay over anodes in cathodic protection applications.
- Safe to use and handle. Relatively low dust emission, no caustic accelerators.
- High-build, up to 100 mm thickness can be applied in one pass on vertical faces.
- Good adhesion to well prepared concrete.
- Compatible with high quality structural concrete substrates.
- Rapid strength gain, very low resistivity.
- Complies with Highways Agency specifications for repairs to highway structures.
A slow setting product. Strength development in cold weather is slow.
Pre-blended concrete comprising:
- RHPC Complying with clause 1702 of Highways Agency Specification for Highway Works, Part 1. Minimum cement content: 400 kg/m³.
- Aggregate 5 mm (maximum) graded limestone, non-reactive, complying with clause 1704 of Highways Agency Specification for Highway Works, Part 6.
- Chloride content does not exceed 0·1% of the mass of cement. Calcium chloride and admixtures containing chloride salts are not used.