Structural glazing system used to construct all-glass façades.
Features and benefits:
- Complies with the current British Standards and is considered as an appropriate option for expansive high rise glazed applications. Its appearance offers the designer a continuous and expansive external glass face to the facade uninterrupted by external face fixed cover caps.
- The system offers concealed frameless top hung casement windows. SP Curtain Walling uses silicone pointed units which are secured with concealed fixings into the system to give clean, uninterrupted external lines, creating a sleek appearance with high aesthetic values. Can accommodate glazing units of 32–36 mm.
- A concealed/ frameless top hung open out vent can be incorporated within the curtain walling system. Consult with Metal Technology for recommendations and details.
- Available either powder organic coated to BS EN 12206 or BS 6496 or anodized to BS 1615, BS 3987 or BS EN 12373-1 in standard RAL colours. Where required, a different colour/finish can be provided for the structural sections internally than to the external perimeter.
- A variety of panel thicknesses can be accommodated within the system. Consult with Metal Technology for recommendations and details.
- All glazed curtain walling screens, windows, and doors within the ground floor and vulnerable areas are secure by design.
- All systems installed are tested in line with PAS24 security standards and certified by a UKAS accredited certification body.
- Extruded aluminium alloy (6060 T6, T5 or T4 to BS EN 12020-2; BS 755-9; 2001).
- The system is fabricated in ‘stick’ form, is pressure equalised, and self-draining by means of overlapping the transoms onto the mullion members. Water is then channelled to the exterior of the building via the integral drainage chambers within the mullions. Where the transoms connect to the mullions, the joint is sealed by means of a purpose designed transom end seal. The transom members are square cut and fixed securely to the mullions by means of spring cleats designed to fit into integral ports within the cavity of the transom wall.
- Dry glazed externally using proprietary, high performance captive gaskets. All gaskets are bonded and sealed during construction, using waterproof adhesive. All internal gaskets have pre-moulded vulcanized corners. All double glazed units/ carrier frame assemblies are supported continuously along all four edges by an internal structural member and held firmly in position by means of a concealed fixing lug.
- The inner panes of all fixed light double glazed units are toughened glass. Fixed light glazing is set against extruded gaskets internally which are fitted into gasket grooves in the mullions and transoms. Thermally broken aluminium sections are fitted to the mullions and transoms at the perimeter. The vertical and horizontal joints are then sealed with black neutral cure silicone.
- Weather tightness (to BS 6375-1 and BS 5368): Class III.
- Static air permeability (600 Pa): <1.5m³/hr.
- Static water penetration (600 Pa): Zero ml.
- Dynamic water penetration (600 Pa): Zero ml.
- Structural performance (140 mph): 2400 Pa.
- Safety gust Performance (210 mph): 3600 Pa.