Safeguard SWS structural waterproofing system is a highly effective waterproof treatment process for sound stable surfaces normally encountered within building structures.
To be applied by a suitably qualified contractor.
- Safeguard SWS Chloride and Sulfate Salt Neutraliser/ Safeguard SWS Nitrate Salt Neutraliser: Low viscosity, solvent free salt neutralisers targeting Chloride/ Sulfate and Nitrate salts respectively.
- Safeguard SWS Slurry: A pre-mixed formulation of plastic modified hydraulically setting powder. When mixed with water and applied to a masonry substrate, silicate salts form at the interacting faces, which enter and fill the pores and capillaries of the substrate and form a monolithic bond thereby blocking the passage of water as well as becoming an integral part of the structure.
- Safeguard Rapid Setting Plug: A hydraulic quick setting cement for stopping leaks in concrete and masonry. Rapid Setting Plug expands slightly as it sets and will stop the flow of water from small apertures immediately, setting usually occurs within 2 to 4 minutes.
- 2 coats Chloride Neutraliser applied by brush: 1st coat one part neutraliser to 2 parts water; 2nd coat one part neutraliser to one part water.
- 2 coats Sulfate Salt Neutraliser applied by brush: 1st coat one part neutraliser to 2 parts water; 2nd coat one part neutraliser to one part water.
- 1 coat Nitrate Salt Neutraliser: Ready to use. If used in conjunction with SWS Chloride and Sulfate Salt Neutraliser, allow a minimum of 24 hours to lapse from the application of the second coat of SWS Chloride and Sulfate Salt Neutraliser prior to application.
- 3:1 Sharp washed sand:cement. Gauging water for this mix should comprise of 1 part Safeguard SWS Bondaid Plus to 4 parts water. Should water pressure be present, relieve by inserting weep tubes into the wall to allow work to continue. Seal weep holes with Safeguard SWS Rapid Setting Plug.
Tanking Slurry application: (4 no. coats):
- First undercoat: Safeguard SWS Slurry mixed to the desired consistency using gauging water comprising 1 part SWS Bondaid Plus to 4 parts water. Apply by trowel or brush.
- Second undercoat: Allow first coat to dry for at least 8 hours, followed by a second coat of Safeguard SWS Slurry.
- Third undercoat: Allow a minimum of 24 hours from the application of the final Safeguard SWS Slurry Coat. Apply a render coat made up of 3 parts sharp washed sand (BS 822 M Grade) to 1 part cement incorporating Safeguard SWS Bondaid Plus in the gauging water diluted at a ratio of 1:4. If this coat is to be left overnight of for a period of time, apply as a splatter coat in order to ensure an adequate key later.
- Fourth coat: Whilst the third coat is still green or provided it has been left adequately keyed apply a render coat of 3 parts sharp washed sand (BS 822 M Grade) to 1 part cement.
- Coverage per coat: First coat: 3 mm (maximum); Second coat: 2 mm (minimum); Third coat: 10 mm (minimum); Fourth coat: coat: 10 mm (minimum).
Consult Safeguard Europe Ltd technical literature for details.