Sopro FDP 558 Tiling Board is a synthetic-resin-bonded polyester fibreboard for sound and thermal insulation in conjunction with ceramic and natural stone coverings, and for stress relief on critical or deformation-prone substrates. The board is also suitable for use underneath carpets, parquet floorings and elastic floor coverings made of PVC, rubber, linoleum etc.
- Separating layer on critical substrates.
- Available in six different thicknesses.
- Low construction heights.
- EC1 PLUS rating under German EMICODE system.
- For indoor use on walls and floors.
- 2 and 4 mm thickness: Separating board incorporated as separating layer to allow installation of ceramic coverings on strong, deformation-sensitive wall and floor substrates, for example; on composite substrates, on young, shrinkage-prone concrete surfaces or over floor heating systems. Does not impair floor heating performance.
- 7 and 9 mm thickness: Universal underlay and insulation board for retrofitting in wall and floor constructions on refurbishment and renovation contracts to improve impact sound and thermal insulation performance. As separating layer for use in refurbishment of old wood-board flooring and existing tiling, and for improving rigidity. As impact sound insulation for installation of stair assemblies with ceramic coverings. Also used to insulate retrofitted electric floor heating systems from screed, thereby improving heating capacity and speed.
- 12 and 15 mm thickness: Comfort insulation board for application to poorly insulated wall and floor surfaces to improve underfoot comfort and impact sound insulation performance. To improve rigidity, for example; renovation of timber joist floors with particleboard covering, and as separating layer for refurbishment of existing tiling. Also used to insulate retrofitted electric floor heating systems from screed, thereby improving heating capacity and speed.