A roofing membrane made of non-rigid polyvinyl chloride (PVC-P), with glass fleece reinforcement, designed to be loose laid under ballast, e.g. gravel or paving slabs on terraces, concrete on parking decks or with green roof systems.
- Available in a variety of thicknesses, and has a 200g/m² polyester fleece thermally laminated to the underside.
- The roof slope must not exceed 3° to prevent the ballast from slipping off.
- Roofing membrane Rhenofol® CG must not come into contact with bitumen or tar.
- Rhenofol® CG is available in 15 and 20 m rolls.
- Roofing membrane according to materials standard DIN 16 735.
- Non-shrinking according to DIN 16726 testing.
- Resistant to root penetration according to FLL testing method.
- Dimensionally stable, tested to DIN 16 735, Section 5.13.
- Rhenofol® CG is loose laid, ensuring that movement or cracking in the substrate is not transferred to the membrane.
- A lower protective layer of FDT Synthetic Fleece 300g/m² is required over hard substrates with distinct edges (such as timber board cladding or lightweight concrete) and over bituminous layers (such as old roof coverings). Consult FDT (UK) Ltd for recommendations and details.
- A vapour control layer should be installed over the substrate (as clause 395). Where occupied spaces will have high air conditioning loads (e.g. swimming pools and air-conditioned rooms) a high vapour resistance vapour barrier will be required.
- EPS and rigid urethane insulation should be overlaid with a separating layer of FDT Synthetic Fleece 300 g/m². Dense mineral wool board does not require a separating layer.
- For welding the longitudinal seams, Rhenofol® CG has a fleece free edge on one side with a width of 50 mm (+/- 5 mm). Throughout the length of the membrane, the fleece backing is continuous. The transversal cross joints therefore are to be covered by welding a 10 cm wide strip of Rhenofol® CV over the joint.
- The ballast should be separated from the waterproof membrane by an upper protective layer such as an 0.20 or 0.25 mm polyethylene separation layer, or Rhenofol® TS.