A hydrophobic, pore-blocking admixture. A dual-purpose, multi-component powdered admixture comprising a single dosage pack providing durability and waterproofing properties to all concrete mixes. Suitable where long-term durability is critical and/ or exposure to aggressive environments is present.
Features and benefits:
- Can be used as a single waterproofing system.
- Suitable for use with all CEM1 mixes (100% ordinary Portland cement (OPC)) and cement replacement mix designs using ground-granulated blast-furnace slag (GGBS), pulverized fuel ash (PFA) and Microsillica as well as Cemfree mixes.
- Provides a permanent, significant reduction in permeability, and a reduction in carbonation of concrete which helps to increase long-term durability.
- Increases compressive and tensile strengths without increasing the cement content.
- Reduces bleed, segregation, efflorescence and staining.
- Improves resistance to sulfate, chloride and chemical attack including leachates. Reduces shrinkage, enhances protection against frost attack, and provides sound concrete for the protection of reinforcement steel.
- Suitable for use with all structural concrete mixes including ready-mix, precast and spray-applied application.
- Below-ground structures (habitable and car parks) including lift pits, slabs, liner walls and capping beams.
- Podium decks and green roofs.
- Water-retaining structures (including swimming pools).
- Volatile ground conditions e.g. waste transfer stations.