Newton 908 LiquaBond is a formulated acrylic admixture used both as a primer for wet-to-dry cementitious systems where bond is increased significantly, and as a high performance admixture which waterproofs cement-based mixes as well as greatly increasing the adhesion of the product to the substrate.
Features and benefits:
- High bond strength - Provides excellent adhesion when used as a bonding agent or as an admixture in cement-based mixes.
- Resilient - When used as an admixture, an acrylic lattice is formed throughout the mix, greatly reducing brittleness and enhancing resistance to impact damage.
- Water resistance - Combines low permeability with resin stability in continuously wet conditions when used in cement-based mixes.
- Versatile - Easy to use with high bond to a wide range of materials such as brick, stone, concrete and a wide range of metals.
- Delayed bonding - When used as a bonding agent, subsequent toppings may be applied immediately or up to seven days later.
- Eliminates the need for water curing.
- Product stability - Specially formulated for maximum performance under alkaline conditions of cement mixes. Unlike PVA systems, the bond film will not hydrolyse under wet conditions.
- Suitable substrates include concrete, mortar, screed, render, stone, metals and cement based waterproofing slurries.
- As a primer to increase the adhesion of Newton 101F to concrete substrates and to increase the adhesion of render to Newton 101F.
- Increases the bond of internal angle fillets.
- As an admixture to sand/ cement screeds to provide a fully bonded screed and an admixture to sand/cement repair mortar providing greater workability and adhesion.
- Bonding agent between new and old concrete, render and brick and concrete walls.
- Sealing walls and ceilings prior to painting in high humidity areas such as bathrooms and kitchens.