Lewis sheets are rolled, self-supporting, 16mm deep,,dovetailed profile steel reinforcement sheets which are used for shuttering and reinforcing lightweight concrete floors of limited thickness on timber or steel floor framing.
- Simple to use due to special rolled profile.
- Can be laid directly onto floor joists or steel beams. Timber flooring may be omitted, resulting in savings on floor height and weight.
- Fire resistance ratings of 60, 90 and 120 minutes.
- Airborne and impact sound transmission values according to Building Regulations (E&W), Approved Document E.
- Increased strength and rigidity of the interconnected floor system results in an extra load-bearing capacity of up to 30% for the floor as a whole.
- Water resistant structural flooring.
- Profile allows air circulation essential for timber preservation.
- Total floor thickness as low as 36mm, acoustic floors 50 mm.
- High load bearing capacity combined with low dead load of 0.9 kN/m² (at 50mm).
- Sound and fire resistant floors separating compartments.
- Fire resistant floors for high-risk areas.
- Water resistant floors/ tiled floors on timber in bathrooms, toilets and kitchens.
- Underfloor heating on timber joists or steel beams.
- Finished floor ready to accept ceramic tiles, terrazzo, tiles natural stone or other floor coverings.
- Raised high-stability floors in shops, restaurants and offices.
- 'Inter-connected structure' for floors with inadequate strength and/ or rigidity.
- Structural, acoustic and fire rated floors within light gauge steel load bearing framed buildings.
- Concrete floors within modular buildings, traditional build, timber frame, SIPs or ICF building systems.
- Load bearing and vibration proof plant room, dance hall and gym floors.