A five-hour rated, one-part, emulsion acrylic based intumescent sealant for use in joints in a variety of fire rated structures.
Features and benefits:
- Provides a firm yet flexible seal.
- Swells to over three times its original size when exposed to heat, creating a char that will resist the passage of fire for up to five hours.
- No priming required for most common substrates.
- Joint movement capability of ±12.5%.
- For use in joints up to 50 mm wide.
- Suitable for use as an acoustic sealant - average noise reduction of 29 dB.
- Sealing joints, voids and irregular holes in fire walls, partitions and other structures; also for maintaining the integrity of pipes and cables that penetrate them.
- For internal perimeter pointing of fire rated door and window frames.
- Tested in accordance with BS EN 1366-4:2006 as detailed in Warrington Fire Research Report No. 181967 (May 2009).
- Acoustic rated to BS EN ISO 140/3:2005.
- Tested for air permeability to EN13141-1, Ventilation for buildings. Performance testing of components/ products for residential ventilation.
- CE marked under ETAG 026 Part 3 European Technical Assessment 13/1058.
- Tested in accordance with BS EN 1366-3:2009 as detailed in Warrington Fire Research Report No. 349127 (Feb 2015).