Delcote is a full roof coatings system with a 20 and 25 year guarantee.
Engineered for the roofing environment using inorganic (mineral based) Alkoxy technology to prevent chalking and deterioration, with outstanding resistance to weathering from ultraviolet (UV) light, rain, snow and temperature extremes to retain high movement accommodation, flexibility and adhesion without cracking or peeling.
Installed by Sharmans network of approved contractors, all project works are inspected and certified to exacting quality standards - consult manufacturer for details.
The system includes:
- Seamsil sealant (at overlaps): Gun-applied into the gap between the upper and lower roof sheets, as close to the edge of the upper sheet as possible, forming a complete bridged seal.
- Seamsil base coat (at edges and overlaps): The area to be treated should be at least 25 mm from the edge of the roof sheet or either side of the overlap and a further 10 mm beyond the prepared feathered metal where necessary.
- Seamsil base coat (at fixings): Apply Seamsil base coat by brush to encapsulate and visually obscure the complete fixing detail, taking the coating onto the roof sheet by around 25 mm. Allow to cure.
- Delglaze - Where applicable, please refer to Delglaze for coating rooflights. When using Delglaze in conjunction with Delcote, ensure that the Delglaze is applied first, and that rooflights are then masked of in a safe manner to prevent overspray.
- Delcote base and top coats. Utilising spray, roller or brush, apply a first coat of Delcote to prepared, clean and dry, structurally sound surfaces at a wet film thickness of 154 microns and allow to fully cure. Once the base coat is tack free (overnight cure is recommended), apply a second coat in a contrasting shade at a wet film thickness of 154 microns, and allow to fully cure.
Features and benefits:
- Proven long term protection against corrosion on metal roofs.
- Delcote is a 100% silicone based remedial treatment and is suitable for use in areas of industrial pollution and/ or coastal and marine environments.
- Primerless adhesion to most common substrates.
- Fast cure rate, 15–30-minute skin over time followed by 1–2 hour tack free time.
- High static viscosity ensures material stays where it is sprayed. It will not flow off high spots or vertical areas and therefore allows for easy build-up of required dry film thickness.
- Long service life with high resistance to UV attack.
- Provides breathable membrane for protection of asbestos and concrete surfaces.
- Does not degrade by chalking.
- Any subsequent soiling of the product can be easily removed by a simple detergent wash.
- No additional structural weight is applied.
- No risk of further penetrations.
- Delcote needs no vapour control. It’s a fully breathable membrane which can further seal the roof from air leakage, helping to retain heat.
- No disruption for building users.
For use on metal roofs.
- Coating or re-coating a wide range of horizontal and vertical external surfaces including aluminium, polyvinyl chloride (PVC) Plastisol and Pvf2 coated steel and many other painted surfaces.
- Used in conjunction with the Seamsil cut edge corrosion system for the upgrading of existing ageing and/ or corroded steel profiled roofing.
- For areas where cut edge corrosion is present, please refer to the Seamsil 100 cut edge corrosion system.