Diamond-grinding, concrete and cement screed polishing service.
The polishing process:
- Undertake the initial floor preparation works to ensure the floor surface is in a uniform state and is flat and free from surface materials or imperfections.
- Floor surfaces are diamond ground using horizontally rotating discs with the exposure level of aggregate determining the amount of grinding and grit level used.
- Honing the floor surface with diamond polishing tools or pads using grit size 150 to 200.
- The floor is treated with a chemical densifier (differs dependent on project) which penetrates into the concrete and creates a reaction to help harden and dust-proof the surface.
- Polishing with diamond-polishing tools and polishing pads.
- Finished to a grit level of 400, 800, 1500 or 3000 depending on the level of shine and exposure level of aggregate required.
- Optional stain protection is applied to the floor after the final polishing stage.
After polishing, concrete floors will have the following benefits:
- Easy to clean, hard-wearing, and will not require the application of further floor-coverings.
- High resistance to foot traffic.
- High light reflectance, helping to open up spaces.
- Reduced dust mite, allergen and mould problems.
- Sustainable flooring solution, utilizing existing materials.
- Cost effective maintenance.
- Vibration free for vehicles.
Can be used in the following locations:
- Exhibition halls and conference centres.
Suitable for use in internal or external areas on:
Polishing cannot begin until concrete is fully cured (at least 28 days after laying).
Denholm can also provide shot-blasting, scabbling, chisel scraping, shaving/ planing and scarifying floor preparation methods prior to polishing, consult service provider for details.