The City of London School for Girls charts its history back to 1894. However, it was in 1969 that it moved to its current home in the Barbican, designed by architects Chamberlin, Powell and Bon. The Barbican estate was granted Grade II status in 2001. After almost 50 years of service the huge bespoke teak casement windows needed substantial maintenance; hence the City of London appointed TRC to undertake a comprehensive refurbishment programme. The work was completed in two 10-week phases, to coincide with summer holidays; and despite the tight timescale was finished on time and on budget.
Contact TRC Restoration by clicking the button below to find out which products were used in this case study.
Royal Academy of Arts
The Star & Garter